You can submit your papers after they are registered through the system that can be accessed via the “Submit a Paper” link in the main menu. You must upload a version of your paper prepared in Microsoft Word format to be used in the symposium booklets.
The template is based on the 7th edition of the American Psychological Association (APA) publication guide. Please use the template in Microsoft Word format provided on the symposium site instead of creating a file from scratch to support the preparation processes of the full text and abstract booklets. You can access the writing template and paper samples from the links below. For headings in the text, you must use the numbered heading styles specified in the sample submissions. In addition, “Başlık” style should be used for the title of the study that is the subject of the paper, and “Altbaşlık” style should be used for the part with the names of the authors.
Unless otherwise stated, please apply APA 7 style guidelines (check https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines). General writing rules for ICITS 2021 are as follows:
- Abstracts should be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words.
- Abstracts must be in both Turkish and English. Full text papers can be in Turkish or English.
- Regardless of the abstract or the full text, all papers should include (a) the title of the study, (b) the author’s information, (c) the abstract text and (d) keywords.
- There is no need for a separate title for the abstract in studies that contain only an abstract.
- Abstract, Introduction, Method, Discussion and References titles must be included in full-text papers. Other titles can be added according to the content of the study.
- All authors must have an ORCID number. The ORCID number can be obtained free of charge at www.orcid.org. For detailed information, you can check the video at https://youtu.be/6C6XnX0KZxY.
- According to the APA 7 spelling rules, the text of the 1, 2 and 3 level headings starts from the next line, while the 4 and 5 level headings start after the point included in the heading.
- It is recommended that you refrain from using heading levels 4 and 5 unless absolutely necessary.
- The font, size, page number and similar spelling features to be used in the abstract and full texts are set in the Word template on the symposium site. Please use the writing styles found in the template.
- The references list can be prepared according to the APA 6 or APA 7 style. It is recommended to use a citation management software (e.g. Mendeley, Zotero and EndNote) to facilitate the process.
- In Tables and Figures, in accordance with APA 7 style, first the numbered name and title should be added, followed by the relevant table or figure.